Monday 21 November 2016

Hate vs Vangaurd 2016

Last year Paul McCabe organised an interclub event that was hosted at BIG in bristol. it was a great event that pitted vanguardians against hate(ians?). Vanguard as ever saw the vs in the title and took it as a proper challenge and brought their A game. Vanguard took the win and we got the trophy for a year.

This weekend just gone was the second year Paul ran the event and it was held at Hate in Bethnal green. The idea was to change venue from Bristol to London every year so that the travel was spread between the two clubs.

Eight vanguardians travelled the breadth of the UK to Hate with all manner of lists. I think we all took fun and fluffy lists which may have resulted in a few easier wins for hate it just made us work harder. Hate won the campaign and have the trophy for the year.

My List

I had decided a couple of months ago to take my iron warriors to the event, problem was I only had one set of seige tyrant terminators and Perturabo!! I had already decided that I didn't want to paint anything I had already used for my space wolves so I decided that a terminator deep striking force would be cool.

My list for the event was:

2500pts
Primarchs Chosen

Perturabo with hammer



3 x Iron Circle Domitars



5 x Seige Tyrant Terminators with chainfists



3 x 5 terminators with combi-melta, chainfist, power sword, lightening claws and power fist





Command Rhino



Vindicator Squadron of 2 Vindicators




List Thoughts

Obviously this list is very elite and I'd need to look after my troops (all 3 of them)! As they would be deepstriking and wearing cataphractii terminator armour I would have to be weary of template weapons; unfortunately that's not easy to do.

Perturabo allows reserves to be rolled from turn one, to give me a better chance of these reserves turning up, the command rhino is a must as it allows reserves to enter the game on a 2+ instead of the 3+. It also has the added bonus that it has an orbital bombardment.

The Iron Circle are there to look cool (and smash things of course)! Depending on what I face I stick Perturabo with them or with a unit of deepstriking terminators.

The Seige Tyrant Terminators are used for anti-tank as they fire 2 krak missiles each at 48" giving me a large threat range. They also have chainfists if I decide to deepstrike them next to enemy armour.

The Vindicators are used to present another threat on the table so that my opponent has to choose between them or the iron circle.

The list was surprisingly resliant against most armies at the event, apart from one death guard army who I think had ~35 templates; that was a long game!!

Overall I had two wins, a draw and two losses. I'll post up the games soon with added pictures.

The vanguardians all won a cool iron on Hate patch, as well as a pick of one of the handmade ork-jectives Paul had made especially for the event.



Matthew Wordsmith of the Target Gaming Blog won best painted, Rob Hill of 30k plus 40k equals infinity blog won emperors chosen and pantheon chosen for being cool!





Hopefully 2017 can see the return of the trophy for vangaurd and that more vanguardians can help this happen!!



3 comments:

  1. Curse those HATErs! We'll have to get that trophy back from behind their bar next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure to be a blast whomever takes it home!

    ReplyDelete